Vacancy : Programme Manager
Charity Name: AR26 Charity www.ar26.org.uk @ar26charity
Role: Programme Manager (Football for All programme)
Contract Type – Full-time, Permanent
Location – Glasgow (Travel across Scotland)
Rate of Pay - £25,000 per annum
Closing Date – Monday 31st May 2021
Advertised on – Thursday 13th May 2021
Passionate about providing young people in Scotland with a chance!
The charity officially launched in November 2020 and aims to facilitate and support those all-important first chances in life utilising the passion, platform and power of football to creatively engage and inspire tomorrow’s generation. We aim to achieve this via three core community project areas: Football for All, Hope for Youths and Life Changing Experiences.
Through our Football for All programme, our long-term aim is to deliver free football coaching to youths in the heart of communities across Scotland, with a priority on areas appearing high on the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD) Report 2020. The programme is currently delivered in Dundee, Inverclyde, Glasgow South, North Ayrshire and North Glasgow, targeting children and young people 6-16 years. We believe our sessions will give children and young people an exciting insight into football, a focus, a safe space and the chance to be a part of a community in an environment that is engaging and that they have a voice and feel valued.
We are currently in year one of operation and it is an exciting time to join AR26 with great opportunities to shape our delivery model, impact and reach, along with real potential for progression for the right candidate.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for ensuring the Football for All programme continues to grow and develop with maximum impact across Scotland. The smooth coordination, management, monitoring, evaluation and overall success of the programme will lie with the successful candidate.
The role will involve line managing a team of sessional coaches to deliver the Football for All programme in each of the delivery regions, training and equipping the coaches to deliver engaging, fun and safe sessions to all beneficiaries. Ensuring the team of coaches are motivated and supported and working towards a shared goal, maintaining nothing but the highest of standards as well as guaranteeing each and every youth that interacts with AR26 has a positive, uplifting and productive experience of engagement.
• Instilling the ethos, vision and values of AR26 at the heart of all activity, positively influencing both sessional coaches and beneficiaries. Becoming a role model and ambassador for AR26, ensuring the positive and professional reputation of the charity is always upheld.
• Creating fun and inclusive football sessions for a wide range of beneficiaries and equipping and training sessional coaches with the skills and resources they require to deliver engaging and uplifting sessions across a variety of different settings, whether it be the weeknight community delivery blocks or school holiday camps.
• Line managing the team of sessional coaches and acting as a mentor, coordinating and managing all session logistics, rotas, timesheets and reports.
• Supporting and leading the delivery of sessions as and when required.
• Ensuring all Football for All activities comply with Governance, GDPR, Health and Safety and Child Protection.
• Managing all administration and reporting requirements of the programme, for example, completion of sessional reports and end of delivery funding reports, along with any other information required by the Head of Partnerships.
• Responsible for the marketing and promotion of all sessions to secure a consistent high number of beneficiaries at each session and ensure we are reaching the beneficiaries needing our support most with maximum impact.
• Building and maintaining a strong rapport with key stakeholders across Scotland and proactively growing the network of stakeholders, building engagement, momentum and partnership opportunities for the Football for All programme.
• Growing the Football for All programme across Scotland, working closely with the Head of Partnerships on future development.
• Representing AR26 at key meetings and events.
• Assisting the Head of Partnerships with funding applications and reports.
• Managing a team of volunteers to support the Football for All programme.
• Supporting the Head of Partnerships with other delivery programmes as and when required.
• Passionate about football and its power to engage and inspire youths.
• Enthusiastic about positively influencing and developing youths across Scotland.
• Positive role model.
• Excellent communication skills across all mediums.
• Strong and confident leader.
• Approachable and supportive manner.
• Ambitious, creative and engaging.
• Empathetic and understanding.
• Team player.
• Takes accountability.
• Adaptable and flexible in approach, able to resolve unexpected issues and conflict.
• Confident working under pressure and remaining calm in a testing situation.
• Proactive in approach to learn and develop their skills and their team of coaches.
• PVG Certified.
• First Aid Certified.
• Child Protection Awareness.
• Football coaching qualifications.
• Experienced in leading and delivering football coaching sessions for youths and managing and coordinating a team of coaches.
• Confident working with Additional Support Needs.
• Youth engagement experience.
• Line management experience.
• Confident creating sessional plans and training coaches on delivery.
• Competent at monitoring and evaluating all delivery and completing appropriate and required paperwork.
• Experience engaging and promoting activities via Social Media.
• Full driving license.
• Closing date: Monday 31st May 2021
• PVG Scheme Membership, a Right to Work in the UK check and proof of qualifications declared within your Curriculum Vitae will be required
• To apply please send a Covering Letter and Curriculum Vitae by email to email@example.com
If you would like an informal discussion about the vacancy prior to applying, please do not hesitate to call 07944 327 857.