Vacancy : Head Coach
Please note, the closing date has passed for this role and no future applications will be considered.
Charity Name: AR26 Charity www.ar26.org.uk @ar26charity
Role: Regional Head Coach (Football for All programme)
Contract Type: Sessional
Location: Dundee (Delivery Friday evenings and School Holiday Camps)
Rate of Pay - £13 per hour
Closing Date – Friday 2nd April
Advertised on – Monday 15th March.
We are passionate about supporting young people in Scotland by facilitating first chances in life utilising the passion, platform and power of football to creatively engage and inspire tomorrow’s generation. We aim to achieve this via three core community project areas: Football for All, Hope for Youths and Life Changing Experiences.
Through our Football for All programme, our long-term aim is to deliver free football coaching to youths in the heart of communities across Scotland, with a priority on areas appearing high on the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD) Report 2020. The initial target age range for the sessions is 11–16-year-old male and females and the programme will launch in Dundee, Inverclyde, Glasgow South, North Ayrshire and North Glasgow. We believe our sessions will give children an exciting insight into football, a focus, a safe space and the chance to be a part of a community environment that is engaging within which they have a voice and feel valued.
AR26 Charity aims to increase the delivery regions and the number of sessions available within each region. Therefore, there will be opportunities for sessional team members to grow and develop their career with the Charity.
The Dundee Regional Head Coach will play an integral role in making the Football for All programme a success in Dundee, leading and motivating a team of sessional coaches to deliver an engaging programme that young people will want to take part in and learn and develop via participation.
The Head Coach remit will involve ensuring all team members in the region are working towards a shared goal, maintaining nothing but the highest of standards as well as guaranteeing each youth that AR26 interacts with has a positive, uplifting and productive experience of engagement. Passionately and positively leading a team of coaches will be the priority, along with leading by example as the successful candidate must be confident delivering inclusive, enjoyable and memorable training sessions to the targeted demographic.
• Organising the team of coaches to deliver fun and inclusive football sessions to the highest possible standard on Friday evenings and via school holiday camps.
• Providing a mentor figure for all sessional coaches.
• Approachable and supportive manner.
• Instilling the ethos, vision and values of AR26 at the heart of all activity, positively influencing both coaches and beneficiaries.
• Completion of all session reports and necessary paperwork for records.
• Liaising with the Operations Manager on a weekly basis to monitor and evaluate sessions and flag any concerns.
• To ensure full compliance with Governance, HR and Operational Policies and Procedures.
• To ensure all contractual agreements in Dundee are upheld and where possible exceed expectations.
• To establish and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders in Dundee.
• To grow the network in Dundee which will help further AR26’s reach and positively engage and support a greater number of young people.
• Becoming a role model and brand ambassador for AR26, ensuring the positive and professional reputation of the charity is always upheld.
• PVG Certified.
• First Aid Certified.
• Child Protection Awareness.
• Confident working with Additional Support Needs.
• Obtained or planning to obtain coaching badges, minimum level 1.3.
• Confident following set session plans and adapting when and where required.
• Competent at monitoring and evaluating all delivery and completing appropriate and required paperwork.
• Experienced in leading and delivering football coaching sessions for youths as well as managing and coordinating a team of coaches.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Excellent communication skills across all mediums.
• Commanding and confident.
• Sound footballing background and is confident in their ability to coach a varied range of youths (e.g., age, gender, ability, behavioural/social needs and backgrounds).
• Able to cope under pressure and stay calm in a testing situation.
• Able to resolve unexpected issues and conflict.
• Takes accountability.
• Empathetic and understanding.
• Positive role model.
• Proactive in approach to learn and develop their skills and their team of coaches.
• Passionate about influencing and inspiring tomorrow’s generation and supporting young people in their development.
• Closing date is Friday 2nd April.
• PVG Scheme Membership, a Right to Work in the UK check and proof of qualifications declared within your Curriculum Vitae will be required.
• To apply please send a Covering Letter and Curriculum Vitae by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications anticipated, only candidates who will be invited to interview will be contacted. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your interest in working with AR26 Charity.