Vacancy : Sessional Coaches
Please note, the closing date has passed for this role and no future applications will be considered.
Charity Name: AR26 Charity www.ar26.org.uk @ar26charity
Role: Youth Engagement Worker (Football for All programme)
Contract Type - Sessional
Dundee x2: Delivery Friday evenings and school holiday camps
Glasgow South: Delivery Friday evenings and school holiday camps
North Ayrshire: Delivery Monday evenings and school holiday camps
North Glasgow: Delivery Friday evenings and school holiday camps
Rate of Pay - £10 per hour
Closing Date – Friday 2nd April
Advertised on – Monday 15th March
We are passionate about supporting young people in Scotland by facilitating first chances in life utilising the passion, platform and power of football to creatively engage and inspire tomorrow’s generation. We aim to achieve this via three core community project areas: Football for All, Hope for Youths and Life Changing Experiences.
Through our Football for All programme, our long-term aim is to deliver free football coaching to youths in the heart of communities across Scotland, with a priority on areas appearing high on the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD) Report 2020. The initial target age range for the sessions is 11–16-year-old male and females and the programme will launch in Dundee, Inverclyde, Glasgow South, North Ayrshire and North Glasgow. We believe our sessions will give children an exciting insight into football, a focus, a safe space and the chance to be a part of a community environment that is engaging within which they have a voice and feel valued.
AR26 Charity aims to increase the delivery regions and the number of sessions available within each region. Therefore, there will be opportunities for sessional team members to grow and develop their career with the Charity.
The Youth Engagement Worker in each region will play an integral role in making the Football for All programme a success. They must be passionate and proactive in their approach to positively engage and inspire youths through the chosen line of engagement, Football. They will be a key team player who takes pride in delivering an engaging programme that young people will want to take part in and learn and develop via participation.
The successful candidates will understand the purpose of the programme and the value it will bring to young people and the wider community. It will be integral that they maintain nothing but the highest of standards to guarantee each youth that AR26 interacts with has a positive, uplifting and productive experience of engagement. The successful candidates must be confident delivering inclusive, enjoyable and memorable sessions to the target demographic and be experienced in breaking down challenging barriers.
• Confident delivering the pre-planned AR26 sessions to a varied group of young people that will be led by the regional
• Accounting for the kit before and after every session.
• Ensuring every young person at the session feels included and welcome.
• Positively promoting AR26’s vision, mission and values.
• Becoming a role model and brand ambassador for AR26, ensuring the positive and professional reputation of the charity is always upheld.
• Liaising with the Regional Head Coach to resolve any issues or queries.
• To ensure full compliance with Governance, HR and Operational Policies and Procedures.
• To establish and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders of AR26.
• PVG Certified.
• Experienced in community youth engagement.
• Obtained or planning to obtain coaching badges, minimum level 1.3.
• Confident following set session plans and adapting when and where required.
• Aiding the Regional Head Coach and supporting the full coaching team.
• Confident in taking instructions and executing them to the highest possible standard.
• Experienced in performing football coaching sessions.
• Competent with interacting and coaching a wide variety of young people (e.g., age, gender, ability, behavioural/social needs and backgrounds).
• Excellent communication skills across all mediums.
• Commanding and confident.
• A sound football knowledge.
• Able to cope under pressure and stay calm in a testing situation.
• Able to resolves unexpected issues.
• Takes accountability.
• Empathetic and understanding.
• Positive role model.
• Proactive in approach to learn and develop their skills and experience.
• Passionate about influencing and inspiring tomorrow’s generation and supporting young people in their development.
• Closing date is Friday 2nd April.
• In your Cover Letter, please state which region you are interested in.
• PVG Scheme Membership, a Right to Work in the UK check and proof of qualifications declared within your Curriculum Vitae will be required.
• To apply please send a Covering Letter and Curriculum Vitae by email to email@example.com.
• Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications anticipated, only candidates who will be invited to interview will be contacted. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your interest in working with AR26 Charity.